Brillo is an IoT Platform Eco-system involves:
- Embedded OS running on a device,
- Client/interface App running on Android Phone, and
- Cloud service to coordinate between devices, owners & users.
Brillo: Embedded OS based on Android
- BSP for specific board
- Supports ARM, Intel, MIPS architecture)
- Smallest configuration 32MB of RAM, and 128MB of storage
- Supports Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Low Energy
- Runs on battery-powered devices
Brillo Core platform services:
- Weave (helps devices to securely connect to the network)
- Metrics (collect usage data from devices based on the user permission)
- Console to view & analyze data,
- Collect crash report & debug data from field
- Over-the-air (OTA) Push updates,
- Developer kit: build, debug, test device
- Android.mk build architecture
- Runs on Ubuntu 14.04
- Local Unit test, individual Integration tests, or Own Continuous Build Integration Testing infrastructure.
- Andoid Debug Bridge (adb) over Ethernet or USB (without any special equipment)
Weave library maintained in Brillo OS:
- Setup, Interaction, and communication with wide range of connected devices.
- Ability to communicate with device directly or through Cloud servicess.
- Common Language for app or services to use across all of user devices. [based on JSON]
- Device Discovery
- Authentication & Interaction implemented across device-side libraries, mobile SDKs and web service that enables remote interactions.
- Schema: Commands and States that are common for device types
- customized & extended for a particular product
- Cloud Service: Remote communication service integrated in Weave.
- provides aggregated metrics in developer console to analyze all devices.
- Client app/services on mobile/desktop/web to setup/interact with devices.
- Secure setup experience common to all devices that works from both Android & iOS devices.
- Communicate with your and devices made by other developers using same standardized schemas.
- Intel Edison Board Made for Brillo:
Intel EDI2ARDUIN.AL.K Dual Core IA-32 @ 500 MHz, 32-bit Intel Atom Processor Z34xx Series @ 100 MHz Board with 70-pin connector Motherboard/CPU Combo
http://www.newegg.com/Intel-Brillo ==> "Edison kit for Arduino" http://promotions.newegg.com/intel/16-0304/index.html
Flashing Brillo on Edison (plus some links on right)
[Need to obtain access permissions! Apply at https://developers.google.com/brillo/?hl=en]
Edison and Grove (Plus/Gen2 sensors, actuators and shields)
http://johnny-five.io/examples/grove-relay-edison/ Grove Software Library for Edison
- MIPS-based Imagination Creator board for Brillo:
- ARM-based PICO-i.MX6UL and DWARF board for Brillo: